WORLDWIDE INTEREST IN THE CLASSIC 24 HOURS AT DAYTONA
- TIRE AVAILABILITY AND ORDERING
- ADVISORY BOARD
- SHIPPING LOGISTICS
- TRACK ORIENTATION PROGRAM
- TUTORIAL VIDEOS
Representing the early Kremer Porsches we have a K1 raced by the legendary Bob Wollek entered for the Classic 24 Hours.
Chassis 0060019. Raced by the late Bob Wollek in the 1976 &1977 World Championship in races such as: Le Mans 24 Hours, 1,000kms of Nurburgring 1st 1977, the 6 Hours of Mugello 2nd 1976, Vallelunga, Silverstone 2nd 1976, Zeltweig & Dijon 2nd 1976. Hockenheim 1st 1977. Zolder 1st 1977. Nurburgring Sprint 2nd 1977.
How is the transport of the cars organized? -HSR has a contract with AFL American Freight Line www.shipafl.com. AFL has extensive experience in international classic car transport, shipping 200 cars for the TOUR AMERICA 2013.
We have a basic offer to ship one car (in a group of 10)
BREMERHAVEN-MIAMI-DAYTONA-FT LAUDERDALE- BREMERHAVEN $6.000
Hotels & Accommodation: HSR has reserved rooms around the race track, see Google Maps. There are about 5 Hotels. Rooms are going to be given on “First come first serve basis”. Other than that there are a lot of nice Hotels on Daytona Beach, which is about 5 miles from the race track, if you would like the hotels on the beach please contact us for assistance.
Daytona Beach Resort & Conference Center
Beach side hotel with Classic 24 Hour rates:
2700 North Atlantic Avenue 386-944-1046
Residence Inn. At the speedway
1725 Richard Petty Blvd 386-252-3949
Homewood Suites. At the speedway
165 Bill France Blvd 386-258-2828
Hampton Inn. At the speedway
1715 W International Speedway Blvd 386-257-4030
Quality Inn. At the speedway
2250 W. International Speedway Blvd 386-255-3661
La Quinta. At the speedway
2725 International Speedway Blvd 386-255-7412
Rental Cars: directly at Orlando & Miami Airports, all major Rental Car brands available.
Travel to Daytona: Flights to Daytona via Atlanta or Miami from most European cities. Direct flights to Orlando, Orlando is approximately a 1 hour drive to Daytona. Direct flights to Miami, Miami is approximately a 4 hour drive to Daytona.
- Motor Homes: If you are interested in reserving a motor home space inside the speedway, please contact the HSR office.
For Motor Home rental please contact, Cruise America 800-671-8042, www.cruiseamerica.com
- Overall Event program: A program will follow with all the details including Racing Schedule, Entertainment. Etc.
- Garages: The speedway has a number of garages for rent. However space is limited, garages will be rent on “First come first serve” basis. There will be tents available for rent for all other cars.
- Eligible Cars 1959 to 2010: Sportscars have raced at Daytona since 1959 and continue to do so today. 2010 was chosen as a cutoff so that the modern era of GrandAm sportscar racing at Daytona is represented.
- Technical Requirements: A special Newsletter on this topic, including safety requirements and tire regulations. Groups A-D are for cars with FIA documentation, and all correctly prepared original cars with period race history.