WORLDWIDE INTEREST IN THE CLASSIC 24 HOURS AT DAYTONA
- TIRE LIST UPDATE
- TECHNICAL INSPECTION LOCATION AND TIMES
- REGISTRATION LOCATION AND TIMES
- DRIVERS CLUB
- FUEL INFORMATION
- PADDOCK INFORMATION
- TRACK ORIENTATION PROGRAM
- DRIVERS MEETING LOCATION
- HOTEL UPDATES
- IN CAR RADIOS
- TRANSPONDER RENTAL
- RV RENTAL
- STANDARDS OF PROCEDURE
1986 Porsche 962-113. Chassis #113. Bob Akin Motor Racing Entry. One of only 19 Factory built tubs. Began competing in July 1985, last race was Sebring 1987. Winner of the 1986 12hr of Sebring.
Drivers were, Bob Akin, Hans Stuck and Jo Gartner.
How is the transport of the cars organized? -HSR has a contract with AFL American Freight Line www.shipafl.com. AFL has extensive experience in international classic car transport, shipping 200 cars for the TOUR AMERICA 2013.
We have a basic offer to ship one car (in a group of 10)
BREMERHAVEN-MIAMI-DAYTONA-FT LAUDERDALE- BREMERHAVEN $6.000
Hotels & Accommodation: HSR has reserved rooms around the race track, see Google Maps. There are about 5 Hotels. Rooms are going to be given on “First come first serve basis”. Other than that there are a lot of nice Hotels on Daytona Beach, which is about 5 miles from the race track, if you would like the hotels on the beach please contact us for assistance.
Daytona Beach Resort & Conference Center
Beach side hotel with Classic 24 Hour rates:
2700 North Atlantic Avenue 386-944-1046
Residence Inn. At the speedway
1725 Richard Petty Blvd 386-252-3949
Homewood Suites. At the speedway
165 Bill France Blvd 386-258-2828
Hampton Inn. At the speedway
1715 W International Speedway Blvd 386-257-4030
Quality Inn. At the speedway
2250 W. International Speedway Blvd 386-255-3661
La Quinta. At the speedway
2725 International Speedway Blvd 386-255-7412
Rental Cars: directly at Orlando & Miami Airports, all major Rental Car brands available.
Travel to Daytona: Flights to Daytona via Atlanta or Miami from most European cities. Direct flights to Orlando, Orlando is approximately a 1 hour drive to Daytona. Direct flights to Miami, Miami is approximately a 4 hour drive to Daytona.
- Motor Homes: If you are interested in reserving a motor home space inside the speedway, please contact the HSR office.
For Motor Home rental please contact, Cruise America 800-671-8042, www.cruiseamerica.com
- Overall Event program: A program will follow with all the details including Racing Schedule, Entertainment. Etc.
- Garages: The speedway has a number of garages for rent. However space is limited, garages will be rent on “First come first serve” basis. There will be tents available for rent for all other cars.
- Eligible Cars 1959 to 2010: Sportscars have raced at Daytona since 1959 and continue to do so today. 2010 was chosen as a cutoff so that the modern era of GrandAm sportscar racing at Daytona is represented.
- Technical Requirements: A special Newsletter on this topic, including safety requirements and tire regulations. Groups A-D are for cars with FIA documentation, and all correctly prepared original cars with period race history.